Gerard has considerable experience of all aspects of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution. His particular areas of expertise are Data Privacy, Data Protection, Landlord and Tenant Law and Insolvency.
Gerard has unrivalled experience in Landlord and Tenant Disputes and advises many of the largest Landlords in the Country in respect of all litigation and dispute resolution matters.
Gerard has considerable experience of Arbitration and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
In addition, Gerard advises Insolvency Practitioners in relation to Liquidations and Receiverships and regularly advises other interested parties in the Insolvency process, including, Directors, Shareholders and Creditors.
Gerard also advises Financial Institutions in relation to Debt Recovery.
Relevant experience includes:
- Acting for the Applicant in a Judicial Review proceedings against the Data Protection Commissioner in relation to his refusal to investigate the transfer of data between Facebook Ireland Limited and Facebook Inc.
- Acting for the same Applicant in a Preliminary Reference to the Court of Justice of the European Union that led to the CJEU invalidating the European Commission’s Safe Harbour Decision.
- Acting for the Landlords and Management Companies of 58 Shopping Centres and Business Parks in relation to all of their litigation and dispute resolution requirements.
- Acting for a landlord in an Arbitration against a large multinational tenant and again successfully representing the same landlord in resisting the tenant’s appeal to the High Court.
- Acting for receivers of a large industrial property in an Arbitration against a tenant in relation to the responsibility in relation to repairs to roof of the premises.
- Acting for a landlord in an Arbitration in relation to a service charge dispute.
- Acting for a landlord in resisting an injunction seeking equitable relief against forfeiture.
- Acting for a landlord in applying for a mandatory injunction for the removal of a convoy of caravans illegally occupying an overflow car park at a shopping centre.
- Acting a landlord in resisting a repudiation application brought by a large multi-national tenant during the course of their examinership.
- Acting for a large financial institution in respect of all litigation involving their hire purchase agreements.
- Acting for a liquidator of a large catering company.