Please click on the links below for details as to the full range of services we provide.
We understand the business risks involved when commercial disputes arise. Our solicitors are result focused and at the outset of any case, we identify with our clients their goals which enables us to formulate case specific strategies. We are very conscious of the distraction commercial disputes have in relation to ongoing operations. Ahern Rudden Quigley will advise on the various dispute resolution mechanisms which are available, as an alternative to court action, which may allow for the resolution of disputes in a timely and cost effective manner.
Our expertise in commercial disputes is based on the depth of our experience and our well established reputation in this area.
We can advise and represent clients in all matters relating to commercial disputes including the following:
- Breach of Contract
- Corporate fraud & asset tracing
- Cross Boarder or multi-jurisdictional litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Insurance claims
- Joint Venture disputes
- Product Liability
- Shareholder & Partnership disputes
Ahern Rudden Quigley is very much a commercially minded firm and we understand our clients’ requirements to obtain sound, practical advice in a timely manner. We work closely with our corporate clients to gain a comprehensive understanding of the industries they operate in, their businesses models, cultures and their goals. Our aim is to adapt our skills and deploy them to our clients’ specific needs to achieve their commercial objectives. We have in depth knowledge of a variety of industries including Commercial & Retail lettings, Mining & Minerals, Energy, Chemicals, Telecommunications, Construction, Project Management and Aviation.
The following provides a guide to the corporate services we offer our clients:
- Company Formation
- Company Secretarial Services
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Restructuring and Corporate Management
- Commercial Arrangements and Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
The following provides a guide to the Commercial agreements that we can prepare and transact on behalf of our clients:
- Agency and Distribution Agreements
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Contracts for the Supply of Goods and Services
- Franchise & Licence Agreements
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- IT Contracts
- Marketing Agreements
- Software Licensing and Support Agreements
- Terms and Conditions of Business
- Website terms and Conditions
At Ahern Rudden Quigley, we understand the consequences that bad debts can have on either a company’s or an individual’s cash flow. We provide debt recovery services for private clients, small to large corporations and liquidators.
We have extensive experience in pursuing debtors in the District, Circuit & High Courts to obtain judgment and in using the various enforcement mechanisms that are available once a judgment is obtained. We work with our clients at an early stage to try and ascertain the prospects of recovery and we advise them on the most appropriate method to proceed so as to maximise their potential to recover sums due and owing.
We have particular expertise in this area and Connor Quigley is the author of the current edition of the Oxford University Press Law Society of Ireland Civil Litigation Manual on Summary Procedure and Enforcement of Judgments.
We can advise clients on an ongoing basis for the purposes of maintaining good employee relations to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are adopted.
We also represent both employers and employees before the Labour Relations Commission, the Employment Appeals Tribunal and the Courts on the following matters:
- Bullying, Harassment & Stress Claims
- Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures
- Employee Reduction Exercises
- Employment Aspects of Corporate Transactions
- Employment Contracts
- Equality and Discrimination
- Health and Safety
- Staff Handbooks and Policy Statements
Ahern Rudden Quigley provides expert advice over a range of insolvency matters. We have experience and expertise in advising Banks, Companies, Directors, Shareholders and other creditors in insolvency matters and work with insolvency practioners in corporate recovery issues.
We can advise and represent clients in the following matters:
- Court Liquidation
- Creditors’ Rights
- Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidation
- Cross-Border Insolvency
- Directors’ Liabilities
- Members’ Voluntary Liquidation
- Personal Insolvency
- Restriction & Disqualification applications
- Voluntary arrangements with creditors
Ahern Rudden Quigley can advise on the acquisition, use of and defence of intellectual property, which includes brands, copyright, databases, inventions, patents and trademarks. We can assist clients in the acquisition and effective exploitation of intellectual property through licensing, franchising, transfer and other agreements.
We can undertake the following work on behalf of our clients:
- Confidentiality agreements
- Copyright renewal
- Intellectual property infringement actions
- Intellectual property licensing
- Intellectual property procurement and system supply contracts
- Software development contracts
- Trademark and design registration
We have extensive experience in advising Government and State bodies and private individuals on the interpretation of legislation, the proportionality and fairness of decisions, the impact of public
law decisions on private rights and representation in Judicial Review proceedings.
Decisions by Public bodies may be judicially reviewed if they are unconstitutional, were made beyond the scope of the powers of the decision making body or were made in the absence of fair procedures. The following is a non-exhaustive list of relevant bodies whose decision making is amenable to Judicial Review:
- District and Circuit Courts
- Government Ministers
- Government departments
- Local Councils
- Planning Authorities
- Tribunals of Inquiry
Ahern Rudden Quigley has the expertise to provide legal advice to sponsoring employers, trustees and employees/beneficiaries in relation to all matters concerning pensions. Our founder has also represented clients in complex pension matters including interpretation and rectification of a pension deed before the Supreme Court and a number of High Court proceedings concerning scale of payments to beneficiaries and negligence claims for mal-administration.
We can assist and provide advices on the following matters:
- Administration and governance of schemes
- Amendment to schemes
- Interpretation of trust deeds
- Complaints through internal dispute resolution procedures
- Pensions litigation and dispute resolution (including Pensions Ombudsman claims)
- Pensions Board investigations
- Scheme transfers, mergers and reorganisations
- Trust law issues
- Winding up of schemes
If you have had the misfortune of being involved in an accident or have suffered a personal injury* through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation and Ahern Rudden Quigley are here to assist you. We endeavour to achieve the best results for our clients whether it be by way of early settlement, determination by the Personal Injuries Assessment Board or by proceeding to trial before the courts.
We can represent you in making a claim if you have been involved in any of the below.
- Accidents at work
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Slip & Falls
- Public Liability
- Medical Negligence
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability Claims
- Compensation for victims of crime
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement. This statement is made in compliance with Reg. 8 of SI 518 of 2002
We have extensive experience of all aspects of data protection and privacy law. Our firm regularly advises data controllers in relation to their legal duties and responsibilities. Ahern Rudden Quigley represented the Applicant in the foremost data protection litigation in recent years before the Irish High Court and the Court of Justice of the European Union which ultimately led to the European Commission’s Safe Harbour Decision being declared invalid by the Court of Justice.
We advise and act for clients in relation to the purchase and sale of both commercial and residential properties. We appreciate that purchasing a property can be one of the biggest and most stressful transactions most people carry out during their lives. We aim to deliver a service at competitive rates to ensure that our clients move goes as smoothly as possible. Below you will find details as to the services we offer for both residential and commercial transactions.
- First time buyers
- Buying and selling in a chain
- Transfers, sales or purchases resulting from a separation, judicial separation or divorce
- Purchasing with a partner, co-habitee, spouse or family member
- Relocation to Ireland, relocation and emigration out of Ireland, including taxation advice
- New developments and estates
- Mortgages, re-mortgages and top-up loans
- Equity releases
- Compulsory purchases (CPO’s)
- Short term business letting agreements
- Licence agreements
- Commercial leases / agreements
- Purchase and Sales
- Property development
- Project Finance
- Planning / Licensing Issues
- Tax Incentives
- Retail and Commercial investments
- Landlord and tenant issues including rent review issues, break options, actions for breach of covenant, service of Notices to Quit, Recovery of possession, action for arrears and Forfeiture Notice.
We encourage all of our clients to execute a will and update it whenever their personal circumstances change. We make this process as informal and cost-effective as possible while providing our clients with the advice they need on matters relating to succession planning.
We offer a comprehensive probate and administration of estate services and these services are designed to deal with the practical considerations arising on a death in a family.
If you have a legal query and would like to get in touch, please click on the link below to email us or call us on +353 (0)1 6616102 .