He merged his own practice with Ahern Rudden solicitors in 2015. Prior to establishing his own firm, he practiced for over 10 years in the Dispute Resolution and Litigation Department of a top five Irish law firm.
His principal areas of expertise are commercial disputes and commercial law.
Connor has represented clients in high value and complex matters including breach of contract and shareholders disputes, insolvency & corporate recovery, pension related litigation, aviation disputes, corporate fraud & asset tracing and public & administrative law matters.
Connor has extensive experience in advising and representing government bodies, corporate and private clients in a broad spectrum of both contentious and non-contentious matters
He is the author of Chapter 17: Summary Procedure & Enforcement of Judgments in the current edition of the Oxford University Press, Law Society of Ireland Civil Litigation Manual.
He actively engages in charitable work and is currently a director and the secretary of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Ireland.
- Acting for a large UK multinational health company in the successful defence of proceedings claiming several million euro arising from the termination of a technology development agreement and acting in a breach of contract matter and numerous debt recovery claims;
- Acting for a large multinational mining company in a range of commercial disputes, including Commercial Court and Supreme Court proceedings for the successful rectification and clarification of its pension scheme and representing that company in finalising the protracted proceedings and claims involving Bula Holdings Limited;
- Acting for a number liquidators and receivers in contentious insolvency matters;
- Acting for a private client in a multitude of claims including oppression of a minority shareholders interest and various employment matters;
- Acting for large Japanese conglomerate in complex proceedings involving breaches of warranties and representations under a share purchase agreement;
- Acting for a retail store with 4 outlets providing day to day advices including drafting employment contracts and terms and conditions of employment, advising in relation to threatened claims before the EAT for unfair dismissal and before the LRC under the Payment of Wages and Organisation of Working Time Acts. Drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts on its behalf;
- Acting for the trustees of a pension scheme in proceedings before the High Court and the Pensions Ombudsman concerning the scale of payments due to pensioners;
- Acting in successful defence of alleged breach of contract by a site contractor at the Shell Corrib Gas facility;
- Acting for numerous financial institutions in high value and multi-jurisdictional cases for recovery and enforcement of sums due under both loan agreements and personal guarantees;
- Acting for judgment creditors in recovering debts in excess of €14 million against the assets of an individual convicted of fraud. Advising and employing numerous enforcement mechanisms in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Jersey, Malta, Germany, Hong Kong and Barbados.
- Acting for numerous government and public bodies by providing regulatory advice, statutory drafting, conducting investigations, prosecuting individuals in breach of certain regulations, defending judicial review proceedings.
- Acting for a number of clients with respect to drafting and negotiating share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and asset purchase agreements.